Saturday, October 26, 2013

Part 3: The Hardest Lesson I Have Yet To Learn

I then got the strength to confront my mother about  her plastic surgery addiction. This was a real problem in my family but no one wanted to face her. Many years had gone by and my mother had gone from place to place changing every part of her body. After every surgery she would come out even more dissatisfied. One day she said, "Shira why are you staring at me like that?" I then said, "I always look at you this way everyday." She didn't believe me in then burst into tears. I then took her in my arms as she then sobbed, "Shira Shira I know you are not proud to have me as your mother. I am not even proud of myself but could you please forgive me?" I remained silent and puzzled but I let her continue. She then said, "I have struggled with accepting myself for the longest time ever. This is the hardest lesson I have yet to learn. I have made a promise to myself to not get another plastic surgery procedure ever again. Can you please help me keep that promise?" I looked at her and said "Of course, I will. I am your daughter and I love you and I would do any and everything for you."

I actually could have never told my mother those words if she had asked me that many months ago. I  even shocked myself. What happened to me?  I then remembered that even though I had always felt like my parents didn't love me...they didn't have to love me in order for me to love them. I loved me and I accepted me and that is all that mattered. That is why I will never forget the summer I turned 17.

 End of the Story.

Here are the other parts of the story:

Part 1: The Hardest Lesson I Have Yet To Learn

Part 2: The Hardest Lesson I Have Yet To Learn

No comments:

Post a Comment